Sunday, October 31, 2010

His First Halloween: A Night In Pictures








We didn't take him trick-or-treating because he's too young for the candy and while I'd happily eat his share, it wasn't exactly the first impression I wanted to make on most of our neighbours.  Instead, I took him outside and let him walk up and down the street (holding my hands - he's not stable in shoes yet) to his heart's content.  It was only a few degrees above freezing (in fact, it snowed off and on all day... I don't want to talk about it) so I figured he'd only last a few minutes but surprisingly, he LOVED it.  Maybe it was all the bigger kids passing by or the novelty of being outside after dark, who knows.  Whatever the draw, he traipsed back and forth happily, making excited noises (I chose to interpret them as roars) and he never once complained or headed for our door.  He definitely, absolutely didn't want to be carried.  Eventually, though, we figured his hands were getting too cold despite my holding them and we headed in after about half an hour.  All in all, it was a complete success.

1 comment:

  1. Im loving the bigger than Eli pumpkin, and his little dragon outfit w/skeleton inside! So cute. Im glad he had such a fun first halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete